By Don D. Nelson, Attorney,

Clients in over 110 countries throughout the world


Mexican corporations or LLCs are required in most situations for an American to do business in Mexico or to hold title to commercial property or other real property in the Federal Zone (located near the ocean). You may be reluctant to form a new Mexican organization without the guidance and counsel of a U.S. Attorney working with a knowledgeable English speaking Mexican attorney  Jorge Conde or Santiango Solorzano who are both very familiar with Mexican law and taxes and regularly coordinates "cross the border" business formations and continuing operation for U.S. Citizens.

To take advantage of US tax law, you need to make certain you form the type of Mexican corporation or LLC that is eligible for an advantageous US tax election that will save you US taxes on its net taxable income and allow you to take the Mexican taxes the Mexican entity pays in Mexico as a direct dollar for dollar credit against you US taxes on your personal tax are return. We can help you make that election with the IRS and give you the guidance that will save you US income taxes on that corporation's net taxable income.


Don D. Nelson, Attorney at Law, Partner in Kauffman Nelson LLP, CPAs.
U.S. Phone (949) 480-1235 U.S. Fax (949)606-9627
skype address: dondnelson
WhatsApp: (818) 519-9219 US
Email:  or  email web form

[Home Page]  [ Site Index] [Expatriate Tax Rules and Laws] [Next Service]

Don Nelson, Attorney - U.S. -Mexico Tax Expert